Welcome and thank you for taking time to visit our web site. It is an honor that you would consider our services and we want your visit to be informative and beneficial. If at any time in your visit you want to know more, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-212-9242 . Your calling or e-mailing us will not lead to being inundated or bombarded with future solicitation efforts.
We are committed to excellent personal service and providing practical and sound solutions to assist you in growing your business. We will listen carefully to your needs and be sensitive to the process and safeguard you financial interests by gaining optimum value for every dollar spent.
business consulting and informational services
Myers & James is a business consulting and informational services firm dedicated to assisting business growth by providing comprehensive marketing and business development services, resources and tools. These services, resources and tools educate, inform, and provide practical applications to succeed in your business.
Combining the best of practical and time tested experience with the generation of new business practices and multi-media services will enable your business to compete successfully in the present and future world of business. Our model of business focuses on client-centered practices.
Myers & James two partners, Jim Laero and Steve Myers, have an experienced marketing and business development field record of over 70 combined years that is at the core of these services. Here is a partner overview of these accomplishments.
The Myers and James of Myers & James
James E. Laero
James brings extensive expertise through a twenty-plus year record of success in marketing, communications, media integration and business development working with mid-size corporations and small businesses. Transitioning from the days of print & telephone marketing to current media-driven marketing, Jim is well-versed in the particular marketing challenges of small businesses and corporations communicating to today's educated buyer.
Marketing & Business Development Highlights
- Planned and implemented a one-of-a-kind business development model involving a network of regional public and private organizations. This unique multimedia driven marketing and business development model resulted in 30% increases in revenues for a regional media publication, both online and in print.
- Developed, instituted and managed a marketing and business model that led a small business startup to the Pittsburgh Business Times "Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies" list in two years.
- Marketing & Business Development Director of a second regional company to be recognized as a Pittsburgh Business Times Top 100 Fastest Growing Company, 2011.
Digital & Social Media Highlights
A Pittsburgh-regional, and Pennsylvania state marketing communications pioneer and innovator in the use of multimedia by integrating print media, television and Internet video broadcasting to form an interconnected social network, including;
- One of the the first successful Pittsburgh Regional Internet social networks.
- One of the first Pittsburgh regional multimedia portals.
- Several first-ever Comcast On-Demand TV broadcasts of Pittsburgh regional sports events.
- Multiple first-ever live Internet broadcasts of Pittsburgh regional sporting and community events.
- First-ever PIAA scholastic sports live Internet video broadcast.
- Published the first Pittsburgh-eastern regional daily electronic e-newsletter with a peak readership of 8,000+
Stephen J. Myers, Jr.
Steve Myers presents a long and distinguished career in marketing and business development having both served on the staff of several very successful firms as well as his ongoing community service work as a board member to local faith-based organizations and as the consultant/board member of a regional food bank. Steve is very passionate about his career in marketing and business development and brings a record of achievements to the service of others.
- Senior newspaper executive (including publisher position) for 22 years; experienced in building circulation and advertising revenue and managing 30 employees in three departments;
- Increased one newspaper group revenue to $4,000,000 from $2,000,000;
- Marketing and business development consultant to A/E/C field with a record of producing $250,000,000 in contracts;
- Experienced proposal writer with high contract award success rate;
- Reversed a firm on the brink of bankruptcy to $4,000,000 from $1,000,000 in one year;
- Member of three person executive team that planned and developed a new communications firm that grew to $1,500,000 in sales with 21 employees and was ranked in the 20% of the fastest growing companies in its field and top 10% in its category by the Pittsburgh Times;
- Led a company to capturing 85% of the customer base in its regional territory;
- Experienced seminar leader and trainer; presenting seminars nationally for a number of years for professional services, commercial, and retail businesses;
- Author of numerous marketing and business development articles for national magazines;
- Consultant in business planning and strategic growth for new and existing businesses
- Consultant in Public Relations and media development; and,
- Extensive history of serving as non-profit board member in religious, food bank, civic, mental health, drug crises, legal aid, public and private school boards, counseling services. Boy Scout Troop, Explorer Post, and Chambers of Commerce.